I can't believe it, but my little Charlotte is a whole year old today.
It's been a while since I've written about her, so here's a list of things I'd like to remember about her at this age:
- She took her first steps at 10 months and has been practicing her run in an effort to keep up with her sister.
- She has 6 teeth (4 on top and 2 on the bottom)
- She slides down the stairs on her belly - but now seems to think she's a big girl and wants to walk down them like her big sister does.
- I always call her my sweet Charlotte because she is my little hug monster. She wraps her arms around me and lays her head on my shoulder and just lets me snuggle her.
- She says mama, dada, that (dat), and cat. I'm pretty sure she has 'words' for other things, but I haven't quite picked up on them all. She seems to call Hailey the same thing every time, but I can't seem to think of the sound she makes (it doesn't sound like a word, but it always sounds the same!)
- Charlotte can sign "milk" and "more" and it only took about 5 minutes for her to learn.
- I am currently weening her and though I miss the morning cuddles, I'm hopeful she'll start sleeping through the night and forgo her 5am morning feed. I know, I'm crazy for still getting up and feeding her, but there was a time not long ago where my milk flow had slowed way down and I was afraid she wasn't getting enough and really needed the milk...so I kept on keeping on. Now I'm loading her up with formula. We're going to the doc tomorrow and will discuss the next steps.
- She LOVES playing with Hailey. Hailey includes her in her play and Charlotte is always very interested and even helpful (she hands Hailey puzzle pieces when she's working on a puzzle).
- She doesn't wave very often, but she does point a lot and say 'that' (or "dat")
- She loves clapping and dancing.
- She's still very interested in things - anything really. She inspects leaves, flowers, toys, hair clips and whatever else she gets her hands on. We call her our little intellect because she seems to study things so well (whereas Hailey is our free-spirited one) .
- She's happy! Ever since we eliminated gluten she's been a happy girl. We like that.
- She eats what we eat (only things she hasn't had yet are nuts, strawberries and maybe oranges?)
- Her hair is getting lighter and still has a little curl to it. Hailey's hair grows nicely to the side but so far Charlotte's bangs are always dangling in her face (and getting food and snot stuck in them). She pulls clips out so she can look at them and I often forget to put them in her hair in the first place.
Happy Birthday my sweet Charlotte - I love you!!